Why Volunteer with APR?
- Hands-on experience and learning with various types of parrots
- Enhance your resume for future animal-related career options
- Provide a second chance to parrots who are often misunderstood
- Some activities are tax-deductible
- Network and meet a great group of people
- That feel-good-feeling… We give TONS of that away!!
Download the Volunteer Application and Waiver or complete an online application.
A representative from Alabama Parrot Rescue will contact you to answer all your questions and will discuss setting up your first visit to APR – which will be your Orientation and Training.
You will be sent a confirmation email with additional information for you to review. The information pertains to our parrots’ and your safety.
APR is a completely volunteer-run organization. It may take up to two weeks to receive a reply. If you do not receive a reply within that time frame, please re-submit your application to APR.
Volunteers under 16 years old MUST be accompanied by a legal guardian of at least 21 years old. The guardian will be required to volunteer with and supervise the minor volunteer for the duration of the volunteer’s shift – until this supervision is deemed unnecessary by the founders of APR.